Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Managing your agency's mobile devices
Tuesday - 8/6/2013, 9:30pm EDT
56 percent say they have been using tablets at the workplace for a year.
This fact is reflected in the federal workplace as well.
The challenge for federal IT managers is how to manage those mobile devices.
Today's interview is with Kim Hancher, the CIO at the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
She is well known for deploying the first Mobile Device Management (MDM) system in the federal government.
She shares with listeners her challenges in setting policy, selecting devices, and monitoring compliance.
Configuration of the MDM tool is a complex topic that Hancher describes in detail.
You may work for an agency that has multiple locations or more sensitive information than another.
Many agencies have existing Blackberry servers and Hancher gives tips in how to incorporate managing devices in the cloud and on premises.