Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
This week in the cloud
Sunday - 2/13/2011, 5:38pm EST
We told you last week about the two draft cloud documents NIST published. This week, Federal News Radio spoke with NIST computer scientists Lee Badger and Tim Grance about those docs. Federal News Radio host Chris Dorobek also discussed how agencies can take advantage of the costs and efficiencies of moving to the cloud while maintaining security and privacy.
Sanjay Sardar is the deputy chief information officer at the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission. In an interview on Federal News Radio’s Ask the CIO program, Sardar says FERC is testing or considering cloud computing options for email, Web hosting and data storage. Sardar says one of his top priorities this year is to improve the IT mobility of the agency’s employees.
To hear either of these interviews click the links above.
Sneak Preview: Coming up this week on Off the Shelf, Steve Kempf, commissioner of the General Services Administration’s Federal Acquisition Service, discusses cloud computing. The show airs Tuesday at 10:30 a.m.