Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Boeing, Siemens partner on DoD micro-grid management
Thursday - 8/11/2011, 9:34am EDT
The goal is to come up with products DoD can use to keep the power on at military bases.
Judy Marks, the head of Siemens' U.S. federal business unit, joined the Federal Drive to explain what exactly micro-grid management is and how the partnership will work. Plus, she discussed how the project strengthens the firms' positions as federal contractors.
As it turns out, military bases, both domestically and around the world, require heightened security for their power sources, leading to what Marks' called energy "islanding."
Marks said the microgrid management solution offered by the two companies would incorporate both energy security and energy efficiency.