Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Boeing, Siemens partner on DoD micro-grid management
Thursday - 8/11/2011, 9:34am EDT
The goal is to come up with products DoD can use to keep the power on at military bases.
Judy Marks, the head of Siemens' U.S. federal business unit, joined the Federal Drive to explain what exactly micro-grid management is and how the partnership will work. Plus, she discussed how the project strengthens the firms' positions as federal contractors.
As it turns out, military bases, both domestically and around the world, require heightened security for their power sources, leading to what Marks' called energy "islanding."
Marks said the microgrid management solution offered by the two companies would incorporate both energy security and energy efficiency.