Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
DOE IG questions renewables office's hiring, contracting
Tuesday - 9/28/2010, 2:53pm EDT
Under the stimulus law, the renewable office's budget soared, as did its need for qualified employees to hand out the billions of dollars in stimulus funds for clean energy projects.
The DOE IG report points to the hiring of one employee, a selecting official. This official was preselected for the position and apparently knew about the job before the public, according to the DOE IG report. After he was hired, the official performed government functions before becoming a federal employee.
The investigation also uncovered a "disturbing practice" where EERE officials asked contractors to hire specific individuals for the department's contracts.
This story is part of our daily DorobekINSIDER Must Reads. Be sure to check out the full list of stories.