Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Pentagon Solutions: DoD faces many layers of budget challenges
Wednesday - 1/23/2013, 8:28pm EST
At the top of the list is the budget pressure stemming from the automatic across-the-board cuts set to go into effect in March (after being delayed by Congress at the start of the year).
Rudy deLeon (L) and Dov Zakheim
And that's not the only challenge. Defense leaders are also waiting to see if the short-term continuing resolution, which funds government operations through March 27, will actually continue after that.
About the guests
Rudy deLeon is senior vice president of national security and international policy at the Center for American Progress and the former deputy secretary of defense and undersecretary of defense for personnel and readiness
Dov Zakheim is the former undersecretary of defense (comptroller), a member of the Commission on Wartime Contracting in Iraq and Afghanistan and the author of "A Vulcan's Tale: How the Bush Administration Mismanaged the Reconstruction of Afghanistan."