Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Sequestration worries uniformed leaders, Congress
Wednesday - 6/27/2012, 7:17pm EDT
One of the biggest hurdles in the coming months is sequestration, the automatic, across-the-board budget cuts set to take effect in January.
"I think we only get through it because of perseverance," he said.
Dempsey also addressed ongoing challenges of dealing with a smaller budget.
"The question we will answer with your help is how much smaller will that budget become and still allow us to preserve the resources necessary to live up to the responsibility we have ... to prevent the United States of America from being coerced in any domain. We are a global power," Dempsey said.
Also, Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-N.H.) discussed the challenges of sequestration in a keynote address at a Brookings Institution event.