Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Lt. Gen. George Flynn on Joint Force Development
Wednesday - 5/23/2012, 9:01pm EDT
The speech was followed by a panel of defense analysts and thinkers from CSIS, the Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessments, the National Defense University and the American Enterprise Institute.
Joint Force Development, or J7 as it's known, is relatively new directorate for the joint staff, Flynn said. J7 was stood up in August 2011 following the disestablishment of the Joint Forces Command.
J7's three areas of focus are:
- Training combatant commanders
- Concept development and experimentation
- Oversight of professional military education.
Click here to view the panel discussion.
"Pentagon Solutions" is a weekly deep-dive conversation series that calls on experts on defense issues, both inside and outside DoD. These experts share ideas that leaders in the Pentagon and the contracting community can use to solve the big challenges the defense community faces. The goal is to give you information that will show you the path to those Pentagon Solutions, from people who are best equipped and most knowledgeable to provide those answers.