Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Lt. Gen. George Flynn on Joint Force Development
Wednesday - 5/23/2012, 9:01pm EDT
The speech was followed by a panel of defense analysts and thinkers from CSIS, the Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessments, the National Defense University and the American Enterprise Institute.
Joint Force Development, or J7 as it's known, is relatively new directorate for the joint staff, Flynn said. J7 was stood up in August 2011 following the disestablishment of the Joint Forces Command.
J7's three areas of focus are:
- Training combatant commanders
- Concept development and experimentation
- Oversight of professional military education.
Click here to view the panel discussion.
"Pentagon Solutions" is a weekly deep-dive conversation series that calls on experts on defense issues, both inside and outside DoD. These experts share ideas that leaders in the Pentagon and the contracting community can use to solve the big challenges the defense community faces. The goal is to give you information that will show you the path to those Pentagon Solutions, from people who are best equipped and most knowledgeable to provide those answers.