Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Lt. Gen. George Flynn on Joint Force Development
Wednesday - 5/23/2012, 9:01pm EDT
The speech was followed by a panel of defense analysts and thinkers from CSIS, the Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessments, the National Defense University and the American Enterprise Institute.
Joint Force Development, or J7 as it's known, is relatively new directorate for the joint staff, Flynn said. J7 was stood up in August 2011 following the disestablishment of the Joint Forces Command.
J7's three areas of focus are:
- Training combatant commanders
- Concept development and experimentation
- Oversight of professional military education.
Click here to view the panel discussion.
"Pentagon Solutions" is a weekly deep-dive conversation series that calls on experts on defense issues, both inside and outside DoD. These experts share ideas that leaders in the Pentagon and the contracting community can use to solve the big challenges the defense community faces. The goal is to give you information that will show you the path to those Pentagon Solutions, from people who are best equipped and most knowledgeable to provide those answers.