Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Renewable energy, repurposing buildings priorities for Army's Hammack
Wednesday - 4/25/2012, 5:39pm EDT
Katherine Hammack, the assistant secretary of the Army for Installations, Energy and the Environment, helms the Army's renewable energy efforts. She joined Pentagon Solutions with Francis Rose to discuss the latest Army energy developments.
The energy focus has been crystallized in the Energy Initiatives Task Force, which the Army stood up a little more than six months ago, to focus on creating large renewable energy projects on military bases.
Last month, the Army issued draft proposals under the plan, under which private developers build renewable projects on bases with their own funding. However, in return the Army will be a guaranteed buyer of the of power.