Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
The Base Realignment and Closure process is an exercise by the federal government to determine the best use of its military installations. This includes both the closure and realignment of assets in an effort to increase efficiency within the Defense Department.
DoD asks Congress for more BRAC
Friday - 3/9/2012, 8:46am EST
Robyn said DoD needs permission for one BRAC round this year and another next year to eliminate excess real estate as a result of planned military drawdowns. She assured lawmakers the Defense Department is looking at bases overseas too. She said DOD plans to close about 100 of its existing 300 facilities in Europe.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.