Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
The Base Realignment and Closure process is an exercise by the federal government to determine the best use of its military installations. This includes both the closure and realignment of assets in an effort to increase efficiency within the Defense Department.
2009 Revisited: Mark Warner on BRAC's effect on NoVa traffic
Wednesday - 12/30/2009, 10:31am EST
This time we look at the Defense Base Realignment and Closure process (BRAC).
Senators Mark Warner and Jim Webb of Virginia introduced an appropriations measure that directs a transportation study of improvements needed to accommodate growth and traffic.
Sen. Warner, who is the former governor of Virginia, filled us in on the study and what he is doing to get more federal funding for the project.