Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
The Base Realignment and Closure process is an exercise by the federal government to determine the best use of its military installations. This includes both the closure and realignment of assets in an effort to increase efficiency within the Defense Department.
2009 Revisited: Mark Warner on BRAC's effect on NoVa traffic
Wednesday - 12/30/2009, 10:31am EST
This time we look at the Defense Base Realignment and Closure process (BRAC).
Senators Mark Warner and Jim Webb of Virginia introduced an appropriations measure that directs a transportation study of improvements needed to accommodate growth and traffic.
Sen. Warner, who is the former governor of Virginia, filled us in on the study and what he is doing to get more federal funding for the project.