Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
The Base Realignment and Closure process is an exercise by the federal government to determine the best use of its military installations. This includes both the closure and realignment of assets in an effort to increase efficiency within the Defense Department.
2009 Revisited: Mark Warner on BRAC's effect on NoVa traffic
Wednesday - 12/30/2009, 10:31am EST
This time we look at the Defense Base Realignment and Closure process (BRAC).
Senators Mark Warner and Jim Webb of Virginia introduced an appropriations measure that directs a transportation study of improvements needed to accommodate growth and traffic.
Sen. Warner, who is the former governor of Virginia, filled us in on the study and what he is doing to get more federal funding for the project.