Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
VetNet: Helping veterans find jobs
Friday - 12/7/2012, 8:50pm EST
Today's guests are Carrie Laureno from Google for Veterans, Retired Lieutenant Colonel Kevin Schmiegal from the the U.S. Chamber of Commerce's Hiring our Heroes campaign, and Brian Stann president and CEO of Hire Heroes USA.
All three organizations along with Google and the Institute for Veterans and Military Families, are founding partners of VetNet, which is being called the largest online hub to help veterans find jobs or start businesses.
VetNet uses online forums to help veterans with resume writing and job interviewing skills.
Veterans can also particpate in online chats with industry leaders to find out about career opportunities that are available.
The website also offers college level business courses for vets who want to start their own businesses.