Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Navy official calls cyber greatest, long-term threat
Monday - 5/21/2012, 8:49am EDT
Adm. James Stavridis told the Defense Department's media outlets that he saw cyber as the biggest long-term threat. He said there's "potential for damage to our fundamental, societal way of life."
But he worried about Europe and the United States' lack of preparation. He said he was pushing NATO and European Command to beef up cyber defenses.
He told a Senate committee in March that they were in the process of catching up and have hard work to do in cyber.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.