Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Naval research lab replicates rain forest, desert conditions
Friday - 3/16/2012, 7:03pm EDT
The lab will focus on creating self-sufficient vehicles, remote-controlled healing devices and software for fighter jets.
The new facility will house a greenhouse that recreates a southeast Asian rain forest, a littoral bay to generate directional waves and a facility that replicates desert conditions.
The Navy said today's research is increasingly becoming more cross-disciplinary, so a new facility is needed to house all the different types of scientists.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.