Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
DoD to deploy 'mothership' to Middle East
Wednesday - 2/1/2012, 3:45pm EST
The USS Ponce — a 41-year-old warship — will serve as a base for commandos operating in the region. Once retro-fitted it will be able to launch multiple small high-speed boats and helicopters. The Pentagon plans to fund a project next year to build a new ship.
The Navy won't comment on the purpose or location but Special Operation forces are key in the Obama administration's new military strategy.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.