Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
F-35 training may be delayed over security warnings
Tuesday - 11/1/2011, 6:06pm EDT
Gilmore recommends a delay of 10 months to avoid risking the occurrence of a serious mishap. But Air Force Lt. Gen. Thomas Owen and Navy Vice Admiral David Venlet have rejected the recommendation wary of additional delays. Incomplete flight manuals, an untested ejection seat and a faulty generator are just a few of the issues at hand, according to the Wired article.
The F-35 will replace the 80s-model F-15s, F-16s and F-A-18s.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.