Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Naval Academy expands cyber offerings
Tuesday - 10/25/2011, 12:01pm EDT
The move is part of a larger effort to boost the service's digital defense. Cpt. Steven "Doc" Simon, the director of the academy's new Center for Cyber Security Studies, said the academy is the nation's first institution of higher learning — military or civilian — to establish such a requirement.
The center has also established internships at the National Security Agency and the National Defense University.The goal is to build awareness among officers of what strategists consider the fifth domain of warfare.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.