Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Oops. Training missile part falls off Navy jet
Friday - 4/22/2011, 6:46am EDT
VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (AP) - The Navy is investigating an incident in which a training missile part fell off a fighter jet and hit an unoccupied pickup truck in Virginia Beach.
The Virginian-Pilot reports that the vehicle sustained minimal damage and the aircraft wasn't damaged.
Naval Air Force Atlantic says the F/A-18 Hornet was returning to Oceana Naval Air Station from a routine mission Thursday when a wing from the training missile fell off. The missile wasn't carrying live explosives.
The Navy didn't identify the pilot, who wasn't injured.
Information from: The Virginian-Pilot, http://pilotonline.com
(Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)