Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Under CR, new Navy ship-building on hold
Monday - 3/14/2011, 3:04pm EDT
House seapower subcommittee chairman Todd Akin (R-Mo.) wants to add that language to a future continuing resolution.
Politico reports the existing CR has caused the Navy to miss construction starts and other scheduled projects. The CR prevents military services from starting new programs.
Akin has made his request in a letter to House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio).
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.