Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Navy CIO writes first -- and last -- blog post
Thursday - 12/16/2010, 5:38pm EST
Halvorsen wrote, "There is much work to be done, and I plan to fully engage with the Navy, Marine Corps and Secretariat level leaders through face-to-face meetings when possible."
He instead directs communication to the Navy blog, The Pulse."
Defense Systems reports that predecessor Robert Carey was praised for being the first federal CIO to host a public blog, which he started in 2008 and continued until he left the post in June.
Halvorsen wrote in the blog psot that he will continue to write the quarterly CIO column for CHIPS Magazine.
(h/t Noel Dickover)
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.