Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Navy CIO writes first -- and last -- blog post
Thursday - 12/16/2010, 4:43pm EST
Halvorsen wrote, "There is much work to be done, and I plan to fully engage with the Navy, Marine Corps and Secretariat level leaders through face-to-face meetings when possible."
He instead directs communication to the Navy blog, The Pulse."
Defense Systems reports that predecessor Robert Carey was praised for being the first federal CIO to host a public blog, which he started in 2008 and continued until he left the post in June.
Halvorsen wrote in the blog psot that he will continue to write the quarterly CIO column for CHIPS Magazine.
(h/t Noel Dickover)
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.