Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Navy names Halvorsen as new CIO
Monday - 11/22/2010, 6:29pm EST
Federal News Radio
The Navy has a new chief information officer. Terry Halvorsen received the promotion Monday from Secretary Ray Mabus.
Halvorsen comes to the CIO's office after spending the last year as the deputy commander of the Navy Cyber Forces. He also served previously as deputy commander of the Naval Network Warfare Command.
Halvorsen is a retired Army officer and has been with the Navy as a civilian employee since leaving active duty in 1985.
Halvorsen has served in a variety of roles including the executive director for Naval Personnel Development Command, where he was responsible for overseeing all individual training in the Navy. He was also the acting executive director of the Naval Education and Training Command.
(Copyright 2010 by FederalNewsRadio.com. All Rights Reserved.)