Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Navy names Halvorsen as new CIO
Monday - 11/22/2010, 6:29pm EST
Federal News Radio
The Navy has a new chief information officer. Terry Halvorsen received the promotion Monday from Secretary Ray Mabus.
Halvorsen comes to the CIO's office after spending the last year as the deputy commander of the Navy Cyber Forces. He also served previously as deputy commander of the Naval Network Warfare Command.
Halvorsen is a retired Army officer and has been with the Navy as a civilian employee since leaving active duty in 1985.
Halvorsen has served in a variety of roles including the executive director for Naval Personnel Development Command, where he was responsible for overseeing all individual training in the Navy. He was also the acting executive director of the Naval Education and Training Command.
(Copyright 2010 by FederalNewsRadio.com. All Rights Reserved.)