Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
DHS works to ensure software security
Wednesday - 7/21/2010, 5:19pm EDT
Cybersecurity Update - Tune in weekdays at 30 minutes past the hour for the latest cybersecurity news on The Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris (6-10 a.m.) and DorobekInsider with Chris Dorobek (3-5 p.m.). Listen live at FederalNewsRadio.com or on the radio at 1500 and 820 AM in the Washington, D.C. metro area.
- How can you be sure the software you're buying doesn't come pre-packaged with problems? You want to make sure that the software you're buying has assurance and integrity. Director of global cybersecurity management at DHS, Rich Marshall, talks about what progress is being made in software assurance, and things you need to think about when making your purchases.
on tomorrow's Federal Security Spotlight program.
You can hear part of the show by clicking on the audio link at the top of the page.
- It's true that Navy is looking for cybersecurity specialists, but those experts also need to excel in another arena: the business arena. The Navy is hoping to get two specialists in one, a cybersecurity expert and a skilled businessmen. The idea is part of the Navy's Cyber IT Workforce Strategic Plan. The Navy's aim is to align IT priorities with mission requirements while at the same-time integrating technology into business processes. And they're willing to make some changes to lure top prospects like introducing telecommuting, pay for performance and access to advanced technology and social networking applications. Next Gov reports that they Navy is also working on plans for an education program called Decision Superiority in Cyberspace. The program focuses on the importance of information technology in naval operations and current and future technologies.
Check out all of Federal News Radio's coverage of cybersecurity issues here.