Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
DHS works to ensure software security
Wednesday - 7/21/2010, 5:19pm EDT
- How can you be sure the software you're buying doesn't come pre-packaged with problems? You want to make sure that the software you're buying has assurance and integrity. Director of global cybersecurity management at DHS, Rich Marshall, talks about what progress is being made in software assurance, and things you need to think about when making your purchases.
on tomorrow's Federal Security Spotlight program.
You can hear part of the show by clicking on the audio link at the top of the page.
- It's true that Navy is looking for cybersecurity specialists, but those experts also need to excel in another arena: the business arena. The Navy is hoping to get two specialists in one, a cybersecurity expert and a skilled businessmen. The idea is part of the Navy's Cyber IT Workforce Strategic Plan. The Navy's aim is to align IT priorities with mission requirements while at the same-time integrating technology into business processes. And they're willing to make some changes to lure top prospects like introducing telecommuting, pay for performance and access to advanced technology and social networking applications. Next Gov reports that they Navy is also working on plans for an education program called Decision Superiority in Cyberspace. The program focuses on the importance of information technology in naval operations and current and future technologies.
Check out all of Federal News Radio's coverage of cybersecurity issues here.