Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
38 Va. students complete law cadet program
Monday - 7/22/2013, 4:10am EDT
RICHMOND, Va. (AP) -- More than 30 high school students from across Virginia have discovered what it's like to be a state police trooper in training.
The 38 students are the latest graduates of the 24th Annual Junior Law Cadet Program.
The weeklong training program is held at the Virginia State Police Academy in Chesterfield County. It includes physical agility exercises and instruction on crime scene investigation, officer survival, firearms safety and defensive tactics.
Virginia State Police Superintendent Col. W. Steven Flaherty says the program gives students a glimpse into the life and training of a trooper.
The agency sponsors the program with the American Legion.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.