Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Traffic relief comes for Mark Center commuters
Sunday - 7/21/2013, 11:25pm EDT
ALEXANDRIA, Va. - The daily grind in the Mark Center-Seminary Road area in Alexandria has a softer edge starting Monday as a new phase of traffic improvements are put to the test.
Effective Monday, drivers can take new turn lanes. Also, access lanes to Interstate 395 open. People walking in the area will see upgraded sidewalks and crosswalks.
"It's going to make a difference in the commute insofar as arrival and departure," says Steve Titunik, spokesperson for Virginia Mega Projects.
"But I do think it's a significant improvement because you create specified areas where people can make a turn rather than backing other people up who want to go through. Here you have designated turn lanes."
Here are some of the improvements around the Mark Center:
- A right-turn lane has been added on westbound Seminary Road to Southern Towers;
- New lanes at the Seminary Road/North Beauregard Street intersection;
- Enhanced sidewalks and crosswalk ramps that comply with the Americans
Work on the I-395 transit ramp will start either late this year or early 2014. That project will connect the High Occupancy Vehicle Lanes to Seminary Road on the third level of the rotary, according to a release.
It's scheduled to be finished in late 2015.