Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Va Guard dedicates facility to former leader
Saturday - 7/13/2013, 3:10pm EDT
SOUTH BOSTON, Va. (AP) -- The Virginia National Guard is dedicating its readiness center in South Boston to the memory of the late Maj. Gen. Carroll Thackston, a former adjutant general who died earlier this year.
Thackston served as adjutant general of the Virginia National Guard from July 1994 to September 1998.
He also served as assistant adjutant general from September 1989 to June 1993, and was chief of staff from December 1986 to September 1989.
Thackston served as the mayor of South Boston from 2004 until his passing in February at the age of 79.
Gov. Bob McDonnell approved the renaming of the readiness center in honor of Thackston in March.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.