Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Va Guard dedicates facility to former leader
Saturday - 7/13/2013, 3:10pm EDT
SOUTH BOSTON, Va. (AP) -- The Virginia National Guard is dedicating its readiness center in South Boston to the memory of the late Maj. Gen. Carroll Thackston, a former adjutant general who died earlier this year.
Thackston served as adjutant general of the Virginia National Guard from July 1994 to September 1998.
He also served as assistant adjutant general from September 1989 to June 1993, and was chief of staff from December 1986 to September 1989.
Thackston served as the mayor of South Boston from 2004 until his passing in February at the age of 79.
Gov. Bob McDonnell approved the renaming of the readiness center in honor of Thackston in March.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.