Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
DC picks 9:30 Club owner to run Lincoln Theatre
Thursday - 6/27/2013, 3:50pm EDT
WASHINGTON (AP) -- The historic Lincoln Theatre where Duke Ellington and Ella Fitzgerald once played on U Street will soon be operated by entertainment group I.M.P, which owns Washington's 9:30 Club.
Mayor Vincent Gray announced Thursday that I.M.P was selected as the winning bidder to operate the theater beginning in September. The city says I.M.P brings a proven track record. It currently operates the 9:30 Club and Merriweather Post Pavilion in Columbia, Md.
In a statement, Seth Hurwitz of I.M.P says it's an honor to be entrusted with bringing new life to an old theater. He says many shows don't fit in the 9:30 Club but will have a place at the Lincoln.
In late 2011, the theater was threatened with closure after the city cut off subsidies and began seeking new management.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.