Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
DC picks 9:30 Club owner to run Lincoln Theatre
Thursday - 6/27/2013, 3:50pm EDT
WASHINGTON (AP) -- The historic Lincoln Theatre where Duke Ellington and Ella Fitzgerald once played on U Street will soon be operated by entertainment group I.M.P, which owns Washington's 9:30 Club.
Mayor Vincent Gray announced Thursday that I.M.P was selected as the winning bidder to operate the theater beginning in September. The city says I.M.P brings a proven track record. It currently operates the 9:30 Club and Merriweather Post Pavilion in Columbia, Md.
In a statement, Seth Hurwitz of I.M.P says it's an honor to be entrusted with bringing new life to an old theater. He says many shows don't fit in the 9:30 Club but will have a place at the Lincoln.
In late 2011, the theater was threatened with closure after the city cut off subsidies and began seeking new management.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.