Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
DC picks 9:30 Club owner to run Lincoln Theatre
Thursday - 6/27/2013, 3:50pm EDT
WASHINGTON (AP) -- The historic Lincoln Theatre where Duke Ellington and Ella Fitzgerald once played on U Street will soon be operated by entertainment group I.M.P, which owns Washington's 9:30 Club.
Mayor Vincent Gray announced Thursday that I.M.P was selected as the winning bidder to operate the theater beginning in September. The city says I.M.P brings a proven track record. It currently operates the 9:30 Club and Merriweather Post Pavilion in Columbia, Md.
In a statement, Seth Hurwitz of I.M.P says it's an honor to be entrusted with bringing new life to an old theater. He says many shows don't fit in the 9:30 Club but will have a place at the Lincoln.
In late 2011, the theater was threatened with closure after the city cut off subsidies and began seeking new management.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.