Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Ft. Eustis to lose 333 positions as Army downsizes
Thursday - 6/27/2013, 2:30pm EDT
NORFOLK, Va. -- Fort Eustis says it will lose about eight percent of its military workforce as a result of a massive restructuring taking place throughout Army.
The Army base in Newport News will lose 333 positions over the next several years as the 7th Sustainment Brigade transforms into the 7th Transportation Brigade. The cuts are part of a longtime plan to cut the size of the service by 80,000 by 2017.
Army leaders have also said they will slash the number of active duty combat brigades from 45 to 33. Those cuts are occurring at ten other bases.
In a statement, Maj. Gen. Bradley W. May, senior commander of Army Element Eustis, says the number of job losses at Fort Eustis is about what he expected the base to lose.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.