Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Navy opens new $4.3M youth center at Yorktown
Monday - 6/24/2013, 4:10am EDT
YORKTOWN, Va. (AP) -- Military children at Naval Weapons Station Yorktown have a new facility for after-school and summer activities.
The $4.3 million Youth Center opened earlier this month. It replaces a smaller, outdated facility.
The new center has four large rooms for activities such as art and science, a construction room with two woodworking benches, and a larger computer room.
Youth Center director Tina Mullins says there's also a garden in the playground area where watermelons, zucchini, cucumbers and eggplant are being grown.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.