Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Navy opens new $4.3M youth center at Yorktown
Monday - 6/24/2013, 4:10am EDT
YORKTOWN, Va. (AP) -- Military children at Naval Weapons Station Yorktown have a new facility for after-school and summer activities.
The $4.3 million Youth Center opened earlier this month. It replaces a smaller, outdated facility.
The new center has four large rooms for activities such as art and science, a construction room with two woodworking benches, and a larger computer room.
Youth Center director Tina Mullins says there's also a garden in the playground area where watermelons, zucchini, cucumbers and eggplant are being grown.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.