Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Police looking for suspect who assaulted girl in Upper Marlboro
Monday - 6/24/2013, 1:13am EDT
WASHINGTON - Prince George's County police are still looking for clues after they say a man led a 7-year-old girl into the woods and sexually assaulted her Saturday.
The suspect is described as a balding, older white man with a heavy build and a gray goatee. The apartment complex was busy at the time and police say witnesses could offer more details to help them find the suspect.
"We feel confident that there were people out here who may have seen something or heard something," says Prince George's County spokeswoman Julie Parker.
The Prince George's County Police Department says the girl was assaulted around 3 p.m. Saturday, June 22 on Heathermore Boulevard, in the Marlton neighborhood of Upper Marlboro.
The child was playing with friends on a scooter when she broke away from the group, police said in a Monday afternoon press conference.
"As she did so, a stranger approached her from the woods and threatened her at gunpoint," Parker said.
Two dozen police cadets scoured the ground in a line Monday, looking for evidence the suspect may have left behind. It is the fourth police search since the assault.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Prince George's County Police Department's Sexual Assault Unit at 301-772-4908. Callers who want to remain anonymous can call Crime Solvers at 1-866-411-TIPS (8477), send a text message to CRIMES (274637) or go to pgpolice.org to submit a tip online.
Crime Solvers is offering a cash reward for tips that lead to an arrest and indictment in this case.
WTOP's Dick Uliano contributed to this report.
Follow @WTOP on Twitter.