Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Md. horror director wants to make movie in mall
Sunday - 6/23/2013, 6:50pm EDT
FREDERICK, Md. (AP) -- A horror movie director wants to shoot a film in an abandoned mall in Frederick.
Director Eduardo Sanchez lives in Urbana and made Burkittsville famous with "The Blair Witch Project" in 1999. He tells The Frederick News-Post (http://tinyurl.com/mbe3onv) that he's developing a screenplay set in the cavernous, empty Frederick Towne Mall.
Cal Glorioso, director of the Frederick Film Office, is trying to negotiate a deal between Sanchez and Rockwood Capital, which owns the property and is trying to redevelop it.
Wal-Mart is eyeing the property, and the mall could be torn down soon. Sanchez says the mall is part of Frederick's history, and it would be a shame not to use it before it's destroyed.
Sanchez says he would probably need a few weeks to shoot the movie.
Information from: The Frederick (Md.) News-Post, http://www.fredericknewspost.com
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.