Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Officer injured during escape attempt
Friday - 4/5/2013, 9:20pm EDT
CUMBERLAND, Md. (AP) -- Cumberland Police say an officer was injured when a man who had been arrested tried to escape from the station.
Officers say 35-year-old Sean McElwee had been arrested early Thursday on assault charges. Police say while at the station, McElwee hit an officer in the face and gouged his eye in an effort to escape.
Police say the officer shocked McElwee with a stun device to subdue him.
The officer was treated and released at a local hospital.
The Times-News of Cumberland reports (http://bit.ly/10DTSvW) that McElwee has been charged with attempted escape and other offenses.
Information from: Cumberland (Md.) Times-News, http://www.times-news.com/timesnew.html
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.