Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Officer injured during escape attempt
Friday - 4/5/2013, 9:20pm EDT
CUMBERLAND, Md. (AP) -- Cumberland Police say an officer was injured when a man who had been arrested tried to escape from the station.
Officers say 35-year-old Sean McElwee had been arrested early Thursday on assault charges. Police say while at the station, McElwee hit an officer in the face and gouged his eye in an effort to escape.
Police say the officer shocked McElwee with a stun device to subdue him.
The officer was treated and released at a local hospital.
The Times-News of Cumberland reports (http://bit.ly/10DTSvW) that McElwee has been charged with attempted escape and other offenses.
Information from: Cumberland (Md.) Times-News, http://www.times-news.com/timesnew.html
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.