Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Officer injured during escape attempt
Friday - 4/5/2013, 9:20pm EDT
CUMBERLAND, Md. (AP) -- Cumberland Police say an officer was injured when a man who had been arrested tried to escape from the station.
Officers say 35-year-old Sean McElwee had been arrested early Thursday on assault charges. Police say while at the station, McElwee hit an officer in the face and gouged his eye in an effort to escape.
Police say the officer shocked McElwee with a stun device to subdue him.
The officer was treated and released at a local hospital.
The Times-News of Cumberland reports (http://bit.ly/10DTSvW) that McElwee has been charged with attempted escape and other offenses.
Information from: Cumberland (Md.) Times-News, http://www.times-news.com/timesnew.html
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.