Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Va. board conducts hearing on abortion clinic regs
Thursday - 3/7/2013, 6:41pm EST
RICHMOND, Va. (AP) -- More than two dozen people have testified at the latest in a series of public hearings on Virginia's new abortion clinic regulations.
The State Board of Health conducted the hearing Thursday. Another is set for Tuesday in Alexandria.
The Richmond Times-Dispatch reports (http://bit.ly/Z34weU ) that former state Health Commissioner Karen Remley was among those who testified. Remley resigned in October over the regulations, which have drawn the ire of abortion-rights supporters by requiring existing clinics to meet the same strict building standards as newly constructed hospitals. Critics say those standards could force most of the state's 20 existing clinics to close.
A final vote on the regulations is set for later this year.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.