Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Ohio man dies after accident at Md. ski resort
Saturday - 2/23/2013, 5:10pm EST
McHENRY, Md. (AP) - Authorities say a skier died in an accident at the Wisp resort in western Maryland - the second man to die on the same ski slope this winter.
The Garrett County Sheriff's Office says 38-year-old Curt Winklevoss of Upper Arlington, Ohio, lost control while skiing on an expert-level slope called Squirrel Cage on Friday afternoon. Witnesses told investigators that he crashed into at least one tree.
Winklevoss was treated at the scene by ski patrol personnel and taken to a hospital, where he died.
Detective Mark Pfaff of the sheriff's office says no one else was injured. He says conditions on the slope were icy at the time of the accident.
Last month, a 40-year-old Rockville man crashed into trees and died on the same slope.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.