Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Ohio man dies after accident at Md. ski resort
Saturday - 2/23/2013, 5:10pm EST
McHENRY, Md. (AP) - Authorities say a skier died in an accident at the Wisp resort in western Maryland - the second man to die on the same ski slope this winter.
The Garrett County Sheriff's Office says 38-year-old Curt Winklevoss of Upper Arlington, Ohio, lost control while skiing on an expert-level slope called Squirrel Cage on Friday afternoon. Witnesses told investigators that he crashed into at least one tree.
Winklevoss was treated at the scene by ski patrol personnel and taken to a hospital, where he died.
Detective Mark Pfaff of the sheriff's office says no one else was injured. He says conditions on the slope were icy at the time of the accident.
Last month, a 40-year-old Rockville man crashed into trees and died on the same slope.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.