Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Sesquicentennial of Battle of Kelly's Ford to be celebrated
Monday - 2/18/2013, 4:10am EST
REMINGTON, Va. (AP) -- The 150th anniversary of the Battle of Kelly's Ford will be commemorated next month with a ball and a symposium.
Period dress is optional for the ball. It's scheduled for March 16 at the Inn at Kelly's Ford in Remington. The inn will host a Kelly's Ford Symposium on March 17.
The Culpeper Star-Exponent (http://bit.ly/WQoeMO ) reports that the Brandy Station Foundation will donate half of the ball's proceeds to the Civil War Trust toward the purchase of Fleetwood Hill. The Fleetwood Hill property is the core battlefield of the Battle of Brandy Station in June 1863.
The remaining proceeds will be used to support the Graffiti House.
The Battle of Kelly's Ford was fought on March 17, 1863.
Information from: Culpeper Star-Exponent, http://www.starexponent.com
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.