Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Opponents of gun-control measures to rally
Saturday - 1/19/2013, 12:51pm EST
ANNAPOLIS, Md. (AP) - Opponents of gun control legislation are demonstrating next to the Maryland State House.
The "Guns Across America" rally in Maryland was being held in Annapolis on Saturday. Organizers say the demonstration is being held to highlight Second Amendment rights.
Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley is backing a comprehensive measure that includes a ban on assault weapons and new licensing requirements for handguns this session. It also includes provisions relating to mental health and school safety.
The demonstration drew a large crowd to Lawyer's Mall in front the state capitol, where demonstrators carried signs reading "Guns Save Lives" and "It's not about Guns, It's about Control."
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)