Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Opponents of gun-control measures to rally
Saturday - 1/19/2013, 12:51pm EST
ANNAPOLIS, Md. (AP) - Opponents of gun control legislation are demonstrating next to the Maryland State House.
The "Guns Across America" rally in Maryland was being held in Annapolis on Saturday. Organizers say the demonstration is being held to highlight Second Amendment rights.
Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley is backing a comprehensive measure that includes a ban on assault weapons and new licensing requirements for handguns this session. It also includes provisions relating to mental health and school safety.
The demonstration drew a large crowd to Lawyer's Mall in front the state capitol, where demonstrators carried signs reading "Guns Save Lives" and "It's not about Guns, It's about Control."
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)