Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Opponents of gun-control measures to rally
Saturday - 1/19/2013, 12:51pm EST
ANNAPOLIS, Md. (AP) - Opponents of gun control legislation are demonstrating next to the Maryland State House.
The "Guns Across America" rally in Maryland was being held in Annapolis on Saturday. Organizers say the demonstration is being held to highlight Second Amendment rights.
Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley is backing a comprehensive measure that includes a ban on assault weapons and new licensing requirements for handguns this session. It also includes provisions relating to mental health and school safety.
The demonstration drew a large crowd to Lawyer's Mall in front the state capitol, where demonstrators carried signs reading "Guns Save Lives" and "It's not about Guns, It's about Control."
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)