Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Hundreds brave icy Atlantic for Penguin Swim
Tuesday - 1/1/2013, 5:56pm EST
OCEAN CITY, Md. - More than 600 people took a dip into the frigid Atlantic Ocean for Ocean City's 19th annual Penguin Swim.
The New Year's Day event raised more than $80,000 for the philanthropic arm of Atlantic General Hospital.
The crowd gathered on the beach in front of the Princess Royale hotel on 91st Street. Water temperature was in the low 40s, so few lingered for more than a few seconds.
The Daily Times of Salisbury reports ( http://bit.ly/VugFdp) that one musician carried bagpipes into the icy water. Others wore costumes depicting everything from penguins to the blue people from the movie "Avatar."
Information from: The Daily Times of Salisbury, Md., http://www.delmarvanow.com/
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)