Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Hundreds brave icy Atlantic for Penguin Swim
Tuesday - 1/1/2013, 5:56pm EST
OCEAN CITY, Md. - More than 600 people took a dip into the frigid Atlantic Ocean for Ocean City's 19th annual Penguin Swim.
The New Year's Day event raised more than $80,000 for the philanthropic arm of Atlantic General Hospital.
The crowd gathered on the beach in front of the Princess Royale hotel on 91st Street. Water temperature was in the low 40s, so few lingered for more than a few seconds.
The Daily Times of Salisbury reports ( http://bit.ly/VugFdp) that one musician carried bagpipes into the icy water. Others wore costumes depicting everything from penguins to the blue people from the movie "Avatar."
Information from: The Daily Times of Salisbury, Md., http://www.delmarvanow.com/
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)