Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Hundreds brave icy Atlantic for Penguin Swim
Tuesday - 1/1/2013, 5:56pm EST
OCEAN CITY, Md. - More than 600 people took a dip into the frigid Atlantic Ocean for Ocean City's 19th annual Penguin Swim.
The New Year's Day event raised more than $80,000 for the philanthropic arm of Atlantic General Hospital.
The crowd gathered on the beach in front of the Princess Royale hotel on 91st Street. Water temperature was in the low 40s, so few lingered for more than a few seconds.
The Daily Times of Salisbury reports ( http://bit.ly/VugFdp) that one musician carried bagpipes into the icy water. Others wore costumes depicting everything from penguins to the blue people from the movie "Avatar."
Information from: The Daily Times of Salisbury, Md., http://www.delmarvanow.com/
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)