Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Hundreds brave icy Atlantic for Penguin Swim
Tuesday - 1/1/2013, 5:56pm EST
OCEAN CITY, Md. - More than 600 people took a dip into the frigid Atlantic Ocean for Ocean City's 19th annual Penguin Swim.
The New Year's Day event raised more than $80,000 for the philanthropic arm of Atlantic General Hospital.
The crowd gathered on the beach in front of the Princess Royale hotel on 91st Street. Water temperature was in the low 40s, so few lingered for more than a few seconds.
The Daily Times of Salisbury reports ( http://bit.ly/VugFdp) that one musician carried bagpipes into the icy water. Others wore costumes depicting everything from penguins to the blue people from the movie "Avatar."
Information from: The Daily Times of Salisbury, Md., http://www.delmarvanow.com/
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)