Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Md. church to get steeple
Monday - 12/31/2012, 8:36pm EST
MONROVIA, Md. (AP) - After 140 years in the same building in Monrovia, Providence United Methodist Church will be getting its first steeple.
The congregation has been planning the structure for 15 years. It will cost about $17,000.
The News-Post of Frederick reports ( http://bit.ly/RqT7Wm) that the steeple has a 5- foot-square base, is 19 feet tall, and has a 3-foot-by-2-foot cross at the top. It is scheduled to be erected Thursday.
Chimes, which cost several thousand dollars, will have to wait, however.
Information from: The Frederick (Md.) News-Post, http://www.fredericknewspost.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)