Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Md. church to get steeple
Monday - 12/31/2012, 8:36pm EST
MONROVIA, Md. (AP) - After 140 years in the same building in Monrovia, Providence United Methodist Church will be getting its first steeple.
The congregation has been planning the structure for 15 years. It will cost about $17,000.
The News-Post of Frederick reports ( http://bit.ly/RqT7Wm) that the steeple has a 5- foot-square base, is 19 feet tall, and has a 3-foot-by-2-foot cross at the top. It is scheduled to be erected Thursday.
Chimes, which cost several thousand dollars, will have to wait, however.
Information from: The Frederick (Md.) News-Post, http://www.fredericknewspost.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)