Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Baltimore mayor to highlight new loan program
Saturday - 11/24/2012, 4:49am EST
BALTIMORE - Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake will be touring small businesses in the city to highlight a recently established loan program to help local firms hire new employees.
The visits are part of "Small Business Saturday," a day conceived by American Express on which shoppers are encouraged to patronize local specialty shops instead of the big-box stores that dominate Black Friday.
The loan program was established this week. Eligible businesses can receive loans from $5,000 to $30,000 to help them hire employees. To be eligible, businesses must bring in less than $1 million in annual revenue, and the owners must have good credits scores.
Rawlings-Blake plans to visit several businesses Saturday afternoon.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)