Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Ashburn school principal dies in accident
Friday - 11/23/2012, 4:42pm EST
Update, Saturday, 11/24/2012, 9:20am ET - A visitation will be held Tuesday, Nov. 27 from 5 to 8 p.m. at the Adams-Green Funeral Home at 721 Elden St. in Herndon, Va.
ASHBURN, Va., Friday, 11/23/2012, 5:01pm ET - The principal of an elementary school in Ashburn has been struck and killed by a vehicle near her home.
The Loudoun County Sheriff's Office says 60-year-old Kathleen Hwang of Sterling was trying to cross a street when she was hit by a sport-utility vehicle Wednesday afternoon. She died at the scene.
Authorities say she was not in a crosswalk and apparently didn't see the SUV rounding a curve before she stepped into the road. There are no charges are pending.
Hwang had been principal of Sanders Corner Elementary School since 2005. Crisis counselors will be on hand when the school reopens on Monday.
(Copyright 2012 by WTOP and the Associated Press. All rights reserved.)