Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Ashburn school principal dies in accident
Friday - 11/23/2012, 4:42pm EST
Update, Saturday, 11/24/2012, 9:20am ET - A visitation will be held Tuesday, Nov. 27 from 5 to 8 p.m. at the Adams-Green Funeral Home at 721 Elden St. in Herndon, Va.
ASHBURN, Va., Friday, 11/23/2012, 5:01pm ET - The principal of an elementary school in Ashburn has been struck and killed by a vehicle near her home.
The Loudoun County Sheriff's Office says 60-year-old Kathleen Hwang of Sterling was trying to cross a street when she was hit by a sport-utility vehicle Wednesday afternoon. She died at the scene.
Authorities say she was not in a crosswalk and apparently didn't see the SUV rounding a curve before she stepped into the road. There are no charges are pending.
Hwang had been principal of Sanders Corner Elementary School since 2005. Crisis counselors will be on hand when the school reopens on Monday.
(Copyright 2012 by WTOP and the Associated Press. All rights reserved.)