Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Ashburn school principal dies in accident
Friday - 11/23/2012, 4:42pm EST
Update, Saturday, 11/24/2012, 9:20am ET - A visitation will be held Tuesday, Nov. 27 from 5 to 8 p.m. at the Adams-Green Funeral Home at 721 Elden St. in Herndon, Va.
ASHBURN, Va., Friday, 11/23/2012, 5:01pm ET - The principal of an elementary school in Ashburn has been struck and killed by a vehicle near her home.
The Loudoun County Sheriff's Office says 60-year-old Kathleen Hwang of Sterling was trying to cross a street when she was hit by a sport-utility vehicle Wednesday afternoon. She died at the scene.
Authorities say she was not in a crosswalk and apparently didn't see the SUV rounding a curve before she stepped into the road. There are no charges are pending.
Hwang had been principal of Sanders Corner Elementary School since 2005. Crisis counselors will be on hand when the school reopens on Monday.
(Copyright 2012 by WTOP and the Associated Press. All rights reserved.)