Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Man shot by Pr. George's deputy was holding replica handgun
Friday - 11/16/2012, 5:29am EST
RIVERDALE, Md. - Authorities in Prince George's County say a man fatally shot by a sheriff's deputy was holding a replica handgun.
The man has been identified as Franklin H. Sweeney Jr. He was shot Wednesday night in Riverdale when a sheriff's deputy tried to serve a temporary peace order on him.
The sheriff's office says the deputy, Paul Perriello, had tried four times before to serve the court's order.
Authorities say a woman invited Perriello into the house, but Sweeney emerged from the back holding what appeared to be a black handgun. The gun was later determined to be a replica.
Perriello has been placed on administrative leave pending the outcome of the investigation.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)