Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Law and odor: Skunk stinks up DUI arrest
Monday - 11/12/2012, 5:58pm EST
WAYNESBORO, Va. - Waynesboro police say the smell of booze wasn't the only stink they noticed during a drunken driving arrest.
Sgt. Brian Edwards says the arresting officer also detected a "strong odor of skunk" coming from the van driven Sunday by 40-year-old Efrain Alvarez. Upon further investigation, the officer discovered a dead skunk in a plastic bag hanging from the van's back windshield wiper, which was in motion even though it wasn't raining.
The Daily News Leader ( http://bit.ly/W4a4Dr) reports Alvarez told police he killed the skunk because it was killing his chickens, and he was looking for a receptacle to dispose of the malodorous corpse.
Edwards says Alvarez had a blood-alcohol content of .15. He was taken to Middle River Regional Jail, where an official said Monday that Alvarez had been released.
Information from: The Daily News Leader, http://www.newsleader.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)