Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
MoCo man dead after police altercation involving pepper spray
Tuesday - 10/9/2012, 2:38am EDT
WASHINGTON - A man in Clarksburg is dead after an altercation with police officers involving pepper spray.
On Oct. 8, just before 5 p.m., Montgomery County police received a call about a resident who was acting violent and erratic.
When officers arrived in the 23400 block of Tailor Shop Place, they were told the subject had threatened his roommates with weapons and that an assault occurred. Police then attempted to arrest him and the subject became violent. Police used pepper spray in order to subdue him.
Fire and Rescue personnel arrived to treat the subject's exposure to the spray as per protocol and left the scene after.
A short time later, officers noticed that the subject was losing consciousness and requested assistance from Fire and Rescue again. He transported to Shady Grove Adventist Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Detectives from the Montgomery County Police Major Crimes Division were notified and responded to conduct the death investigation.
The subject has been identified as Nathan Jones, 39 years old, of Clarksburg.
Follow WTOP on Twitter.
(Copyright 2012 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)