Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Line-painting truck crash kills driver in Va.
Friday - 10/5/2012, 10:54am EDT
SPOTTSWOOD, Va. (AP) - Virginia State Police are investigating a fatal crash involving a line-painting truck on Interstate 81 in Augusta County.
Spokeswoman Corinne Geller says the truck wasn't painting when the crash occurred at 7:05 a.m. Friday in the northbound lanes near Spottswood. The truck was headed to a work site in Nelson County.
Geller says the truck's right front tire blew out and the driver lost control. The truck then hit a guardrail and overturned. The adult male driver died at the scene. He was not wearing a seat belt. The driver's name wasn't immediately released.
A male passenger was taken to Augusta Health Center for treatment of non-life threatening injuries.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)