Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Line-painting truck crash kills driver in Va.
Friday - 10/5/2012, 10:54am EDT
SPOTTSWOOD, Va. (AP) - Virginia State Police are investigating a fatal crash involving a line-painting truck on Interstate 81 in Augusta County.
Spokeswoman Corinne Geller says the truck wasn't painting when the crash occurred at 7:05 a.m. Friday in the northbound lanes near Spottswood. The truck was headed to a work site in Nelson County.
Geller says the truck's right front tire blew out and the driver lost control. The truck then hit a guardrail and overturned. The adult male driver died at the scene. He was not wearing a seat belt. The driver's name wasn't immediately released.
A male passenger was taken to Augusta Health Center for treatment of non-life threatening injuries.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)