Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Line-painting truck crash kills driver in Va.
Friday - 10/5/2012, 10:54am EDT
SPOTTSWOOD, Va. (AP) - Virginia State Police are investigating a fatal crash involving a line-painting truck on Interstate 81 in Augusta County.
Spokeswoman Corinne Geller says the truck wasn't painting when the crash occurred at 7:05 a.m. Friday in the northbound lanes near Spottswood. The truck was headed to a work site in Nelson County.
Geller says the truck's right front tire blew out and the driver lost control. The truck then hit a guardrail and overturned. The adult male driver died at the scene. He was not wearing a seat belt. The driver's name wasn't immediately released.
A male passenger was taken to Augusta Health Center for treatment of non-life threatening injuries.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)