Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Friday Freebies: Elvis movie and coffee tastings
Friday - 6/24/2011, 12:56am EDT
Get your freebie fix every day of the week by following Michelle Basch on Twitter: @mbaschWTOP.
- Get a free Chocolate Molten Lava Cake when you buy a Turkey Roaster Combo
at Arby's. Just use this coupon, good through Tuesday, Jan. 15.
- Here's a coupon good for free chips or dessert and a regular fountain
drink when you buy a regular or large sub, large salad or large grilled flatbread
at Quizno's. Expires Monday, Jan. 14.
- Red Robin Burgers Red Royalty Members can earn up to $30 off by taking
part in the "Savor The Dates Challenge." Order certain menu items on certain days
in 2013, and you'll earn stamps that add up to reward dollars.
- They're back: Free coffee tastings on the second and fourth Sunday of each month at Qualia Coffee in Northwest D.C. The next tasting happens at 2 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 13. Be ready to compare and contrast three different single-origin coffees and learn a little about each.
- National Geographic is about to turn 125 years old, and the National
Geographic Museum is celebrating on Sunday, Jan. 13 with a free
Georgetown Cupcake for each visitor while supplies last. They'll also have
special photo props for visitors to frame their personal photos with that famous
yellow border. Museum admission is $4 for children, $8 for adults.
- National Harbor is offering one
hour of free parking, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday through Friday Jan.14-March 31.
The deal does not apply to parking meters and there are other restrictions as
- Want to get away to Florida? Check the VisitFlorida.com website for loads of offers. For example, book
a stay of at least 4 nights at select resorts in Orlando, and get 2 free adult
tickets to one of the Walt Disney World Theme Parks good for 3 days.
- Like to buy music CDs but also like to listen to MP3s? Amazon has just introduced something called AutoRip. Buy an AutoRip CD from Amazon, and a free digital version of it will be instantly added to your Amazon cloud player. And if you've bought CDs from Amazon in the past - since 1998 - the ones that are AutoRip eligible will be added to your cloud player free as well.
FREE THINGS TO DO
- Elvis Presley would have been 78 years old this week, and you can catch a
free screening of the documentary "Elvis: Return To Tupelo" narrated by Kris
Kristofferson from 7-9 p.m. Friday, Jan. 11 at John Philip Sousa Hall at Hill
Center at the Old Naval Hospital. Register here in advance.
- The first and last pages of George Washington's First Inaugural Address,
written in his own handwriting, are on special
display in the East Rotunda Gallery of the National Archives Jan. 11-31.
Admission is free.
- Ever been snowshoeing or cross country skiing? You can try both free on "Winter Trails Day" Saturday,
Jan. 12. More than 100 resorts and other locations nationwide are taking part,
including Wisp Resort Nordic Center in Maryland, and Liberty Mountain Resort in
- Dog owners: A non-profit group called Your Dog's Friend offers free workshops
on topics ranging from how to handle an adopted pet, to how dogs view the world
differently than humans. The next workshop, Saturday, Jan.12, is about how to
keep your dog busy in winter. Get more details and register here.
- Planning to attend the Inaugural Parade on Monday, Jan. 21? Start planning now. Parade route entry points open at 6:30 a.m. and will close as each area fills to capacity. Check WTOP's Inauguration Day Survival Guide for more details.
- Get a free breakfast entrée when you buy one at Bob Evans with this coupon.
Valid through Saturday, Jan. 12.
- You can enjoy a f ree Jr. Frosty every time you visit a Wendy's restaurant through December 2013. How? Just buy a Frosty Key Tag for $1 at participating Washington or Baltimore area Wendy's. Proceeds from the sale of the tags goes to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
(Copyright 2013 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)