Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
VetNet: Helping veterans find jobs
Friday - 12/7/2012, 8:50pm EST
Today's guests are Carrie Laureno from Google for Veterans, Retired Lieutenant Colonel Kevin Schmiegal from the the U.S. Chamber of Commerce's Hiring our Heroes campaign, and Brian Stann president and CEO of Hire Heroes USA.
All three organizations along with Google and the Institute for Veterans and Military Families, are founding partners of VetNet, which is being called the largest online hub to help veterans find jobs or start businesses.
VetNet uses online forums to help veterans with resume writing and job interviewing skills.
Veterans can also particpate in online chats with industry leaders to find out about career opportunities that are available.
The website also offers college level business courses for vets who want to start their own businesses.