Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Marine base camp construction lauded for safety milesone
Thursday - 7/19/2012, 2:57pm EDT
That means there have been no injuries severe enough to workers to cause them days away from work, restriction of their work activities or transfer to a another type of work because of injury. The Marine Corps calls it a "safety milestone."
The project also recently took home the Complex Project Award at the 2011-2012 ASQ World Conference on Quality and Improvement in Anaheim. Cmdr. Whit Robinson attributed the multiple successes of the project to the "clear sense of purpose and the incredibly strong desire by all team members" to achieve the goal.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.