Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Smithsonian hosts 'Pilot Day' at Va. museum
Saturday - 6/18/2011, 7:01am EDT
CHANTILLY, Va. (AP) - The Smithsonian's National Air and Space Museum facility near Washington Dulles International Airport is holding its annual "Become a Pilot" family day.
The museum will showcase 50 vintage, military and home-built aircraft for the event Saturday. It runs from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center in Chantilly.
Pilots will discuss their experiences in the cockpit. In some cases, they will let visitors climb behind the controls of their aircraft. There will also be activities inside the museum.
(Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)