Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Smithsonian hosts 'Pilot Day' at Va. museum
Saturday - 6/18/2011, 7:01am EDT
CHANTILLY, Va. (AP) - The Smithsonian's National Air and Space Museum facility near Washington Dulles International Airport is holding its annual "Become a Pilot" family day.
The museum will showcase 50 vintage, military and home-built aircraft for the event Saturday. It runs from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center in Chantilly.
Pilots will discuss their experiences in the cockpit. In some cases, they will let visitors climb behind the controls of their aircraft. There will also be activities inside the museum.
(Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)