Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
GSA recognizes contracting excellences
Wednesday - 7/29/2009, 7:18pm EDT
By Jason Miller
Denise Jones, a contract specialist for the Defense Contract Management Agency, is $5,000 richer.
The General Services Administration honored Jones today for acquisition excellence by giving her the Ida Ustad award.
The award recognizes a government employee whose actions embody the concept of a contract specialist as a business leader or advisor with high ethical standards, and who has had a major impact on improving the acquisition process.
GSA established the annual award in 2001 to honor the memory of Ida Mae Ustad, who served as GSA's deputy associate administrator for acquisition policy.
Jones received the award for her work in establishing a procedure that ensures the government receives repairs at fair and reasonable prices.
She also encouraged her team to improve themselves. GSA says 90 percent of her team earned secondary degrees in their job-related specialties.
"An important part of our job is to reward those who exceed expectations, save taxpayer dollars, and set a standard that inspires the rest of our contracting workforce," says GSA acting chief acquisition officer David Drabkin in a release.
"The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act has elevated the role played by our contracting officers even higher. Ms. Jones deserves congratulations for not only meeting this enormous challenge, but for doing so with energy, tenacity and creativity."
Drabkin presented the award July 27 at a ceremony in Marietta, Ga.
On the Web:
GSA -- Ida Ustad award
(Copyright 2009 by FederalNewsRadio.com. All Rights Reserved.)